and 'Presse' (press), is, according to duden.de, 'a keyword for media, especially newspapers and periodicals, about whom it is alleged that they are being politically, ideologically or economically influenced to conceal or falsify information and thus to manipulate public opinion'. It is used by supporters of PEGIDA, supporters of Donald Trump and has also been used by Richard Spencer, who has called the mainstream media the Lügenpresse. According to a poll, one in every five Germans hold the media to be a Lügenpresse. Ironically, 'The Washington Post', which undoubtedly is part of the mainstream media, lies about 'Lügenpresse', calling it an anti-Semitic word.
- 'Lügen'. dict.cc. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- 'Presse'. dict.cc. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- 'Lügenpresse'. duden.de. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- Rick Noack (24 October 2016). 'The ugly history of "Lügenpresse", a Nazi slur shouted at a Trump rally'. washingtonpost.com. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- Daniel Lombroso, Yoni Appelbaum (21 November 2016). '"Hail Trump!": White Nationalists Salute the President Elect'. theatlantic.com. Retrieved 22 November 2016.
- 'Jeder Fünfte nennt deutsche Medien "Lügenpresse"'. welt.de. 31 October 2015. Retrieved 26 November 2016.