Southern Poverty Law Centre
The Southern Poverty Law Centre is a leftist activist US American organisation, founded in 1971. In 2013, an Equal Opportunity officer in the US military revealed to the public via Fox News anonymously – for fear of reprisal – that the US military was relying on the SPLC "for information on 'extremist' groups". The SPLC claims to have dismantled "some of the nation's [the US's] most violent white supremacist groups" through its lawsuits and styles itself a champion of the weak and vulnerable. At the same time, it praises those who show their "commitment to Israel". The President of the SPLC, Richard Cohen, boasts that he brought "down the Confederate battle flag from the Alabama State Capitol". Richard became the President of the SPLC in 2003 and has been in the SPLC since 1986. In 2014, the FBI stopped recommending the SPLC as a resource for information on "hate groups", something it had previously done.
- Jay Caruso (23 November 2016). "Left-Wing Southern Poverty Law Center Idiot Claims 'Drain The Swamp' Is Racist (VIDEO)". redstate.com. Retrieved 3 December 2016.
- "NYTimes Severson Forwards Latest Left-Wing 'Hate Group'". mrc.org. Retrieved 3 December 2016.
- "About us". splcenter.org. Retrieved 30 October 2016.
- Todd Starnes (31 October 2013). "Pentagon training manual: white males have unfair advantages". foxnews.com. Retrieved 30 October 2016.
- J. Richard Cohen (14 January 2015). Letter from J. Richard Cohen to the Republican National Committee. splcenter.org. Retrieved 14 February 2017.
- "Richard Cohen". splcenter.org. Retrieved 30 October 2016.
- Austin Ruse (26 March 2014). "FBI Dumps Southern Poverty Law Center as Hate Crimes Resource". breitbart.com. Retrieved 3 December 2016.