The Reagan Battalion
The Reagan Battalion or thereaganbattalion.com is described by "The Washington Post" as simply "a conservative site". Its Twitter handle is @ReaganBattalion.
Role in Milo Yiannopoulos's "fall from conservative grace"
The Twitter account of "The Reagan Battalion" tweeted out a five-minute-thirty-second clip of an over-two-hour-long video of Milo Yiannopoulos on "The Drunken Peasants" show that led to his "fall from conservative grace" in February 2017. The video had been around since 4 January 2016, was publicly available on YouTube and had been viewed over 250,000 times before it came to the mainstream media's attention.
Position on the alt-right
"The Reagan Battalion" is against the alt-right movement. On 10 June 2017, an Oath Keeper briefly choked an alt-rightist who had tried to join a demonstration supporting the statue of Sam Houston in Houston's Hermann Park. The alt-rightist had brought signs containing memes, one of which said: "No blood for Israel". The other Oath Keepers talked the man who was choking him into letting him out of the chokehold, which lasted about five seconds. The alt-rightist was then escorted out of the area by a large group of Oath Keepers, amid jeers from the crowd, and taken to police. The following day, "The Reagan Battalion" posted this tweet, which was apparently addressed to Richard Spencer:
- Abby Ohlheiser (21 February 2017). "The 96 hours that brought down Milo Yiannopoulos". washingtonpost.com. Retrieved 12 June 2017.
- German Lopez (24 February 2017). "Meet the 16-year-old Canadian girl who took down Milo Yiannopoulos". vox.com. Retrieved 12 June 2017.
- "Milo Yiannopoulos - PaulsEgo - TheAmazingAtheist - and More! DPP #193". YouTube. "Drunken Peasants". 4 January 2016. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- "Did Milo Yiannopoulos Defend Pedophilia On Our Show? - Cool Cat Creator's Gun DVD - More - DPP #330". YouTube. "The Drunken Peasants". 21 February 2017. Retrieved 2 March 2017.
- Andrew Kragie, Brooke A. Lewis (12 June 2017). "Video: Alt-right protester choked out for waving meme signs at Sam Houston monument protest". chron.com. Retrieved 13 June 2017.